Growing up in Switzerland, Steudler always had a number of art projects exploring various techniques and materials on the go.
Since 1994, Steudler has exhibited her work internationally, including galleries in Switzerland and Canada, and is found in both private and public collections, including the Nova Scotia Art Bank Collection. Steudler’s work has been published as a featured artist in “International Women Celebrate” and in the book “Nova Scotia’s Contemporary Artists - Volume II”.
Her move to Nova Scotia in 2004 inspired her to dedicate more time to her painting practice. She is intrigued by the various colour combinations the Nova Scotian landscape has to offer; bright sandy reds against green meadows, blue endless sky with cloud formations never experienced before, and the Atlantic with its calm and forceful powers.
Steudler’s love for bold colour combinations is reflected in her mixed-media, gouache, and oil paintings. Her art practice investigates the connections and interrelationships between colour and shape in her surroundings.
List of mediums:
Oil, mixed media, collage, gouache
abstract, organic, bold colours
Jacqueline’s work can be found at the following galleries:
- d'art Gallery, 127A Portland Street, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Designer Craft Shop, in the Mary E. Black Gallery, 1061 Marginal Rd. (Suite 140) Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Teichert Gallery, 1723 Hollis Street Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Gallery 215, Selma, Nova Scotia
- Colouratura Art Gallery, Indian Brook, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia